Feb 16, 2009

Caiden Update 2.16.09


Ok I want to keep everyone up to date with what is going on with Caiden. I have been pumping since last night hoping that Caiden would be able to start eating today!?!?!?! Which in it's self is a blessing since it did not work with Braxton.

So I told my mom that if she wanted to come and hold Caiden she would need to be at the hospital at 11am. So we went over to the NICU and I got to change Caiden's diaper, ,let me tell you that was a great moment it made me feel like a REAL NEW MOM, Not someone that had surgery and is in the hospital.
So then the nurse asked it I would like to attempt to feed him which did not work at the 8 am feeding. This time Caiden seemed a little more interested in the whole situation. So when we were done with the whole nursing thing. My mom and I switched places and she got to hold Caiden which was really cute. My mom has been the first person on both Braxton and Caiden to hold them besides Gary and I. Let me tell you that is a moment that I will never forget !!!!
So his blood sugars are stable and his bil has gone up which is what they wanted.
I am so greatful for the wounderful nurses adddnd respetory people. It makes it a little easier know that he is being well taken care of while I am away!!!!

1 comment:

Trujillo family said...

Congrats Kristi! It looks like he is doing well for being 5+ weeks early. Our thoughts and prayers are with you guys and what a cute little bundle of joy!!