Feb 17, 2009

Hardest Day So Far.......


So today had to be the Hardest Day of my life !!!!!! So I got discharged from the hospital. Most mom's are happy to leave the hospital, but the MAJOR differance is that they get to take their babies home with them. That made me cry when they took me out and I did not have my little Caiden with me.

So as if having to leave the hospital with out my baby was not enough........................ No I get slammed with, Caiden's blood count is low,so they think he might have a bleed on the brain. That is not what you want to hear when you are in the NICU sitting by your self( Gar went home to spend the night with Brax, and then they were going to come and get me), holding your little one in your arm's!!!

Speaking of Brax he has had a nasty cough so we decided that we need to go get him checked out (thanks to a nudge from Dr. Mike my uncle) to make sure it was not RSV. After we checked out of the hospital we headed over to Brax's doctor appointment. Great news no RSV, just a virus.

So then Gary, my Mom and I headed back up to the hospital for the 5 pm feeding. I was hoping that the doctor would be there so that I could talk to him about the results of the Ultrasound of the Brain. Dr. Christiansen was there YEAH!!!!! I am so glad that he was there. He took the time to pull up the Ultrasound and go frame by frame and let us know that everything is NORMAL!!!!!!! I was so relieved !!!!!

That is the update for today I will post again soon to keep you up to date.

1 comment:

Trujillo family said...

Kristi, I am so sorry! It brings back so many memories and I know what it is like to walk out of the hospital empty handed! It is horrible! I am so glad he doesn't have a bleed though! Our prayers are with you guys! Thanks for the updates too. Hope things start getting better so you can take him home.