Feb 18, 2009

Step's in the RIGHT Direction !!!!

Daddy cuddling Caiden
Caiden sleeping in mommy's arm's
Caiden in Daddy's arm's

Today we went up to the hospital for the 11 am feeding. I was hoping that Caiden might have one of the Billie Light's off, since the doctors said that this is what they were hoping for if his Bili stayed the leaves it was at.
So when I walked in to the NICU and Caiden had a BLANKET over his incubator I almost started to cry!!!! The light were GONE !!! ALL OF THEM !!!!! The Heidi(nurse) said that he was doing so good. She turned off the lights and he was sound a sleep so she did not want to wake him by taking the SUN GLASSES Off. So she left them on. She said the next time she came over to check on him he had taken the glasses off. She said he even undid the latch on them. He is already being mister independent.
I asked what his sugars have been since that also has been an issue. Heidi(the Nurse) said that they were stable and that they are going to take out the ART Line (this is a IV line that goes directly in to his Arterial Artery.) later today after his next blood draw. Another BIG STEP in the right direction!!!
I also wanted to give a really BIG THANK-YOU to Gary!!!!! Gary has been a WONDERFUL HUSBAND AND FATHER through all of this. I was so grateful that he has been there for me and for Braxton. He stayed the night at the hospital with me 2 out of the3 nights that I was there. He has been a shoulder for me to cry on and believe me there has been alot of CRYING!!!!
We are all so blessed that he has the priesthood to give blessing and everything that we need. Gary and Braxton have had a lot of daddies and brax time which is really good.
Today when I was getting ready Brax asked me " Mommy why is Caiden not home with us ?" I started to cry and had to explain to him about the whole situation that is going on . Then he told me that he wanted him home so he could play with him. I am so glad he is doing so well with this. It's hard to explain everything to a 3 1/2 years old that you have a brother but you can't see him yet, but he is doing so well.
Sorry that the post lately have been a little longer. Just trying to keep everyone updated. Thanks for all the prayers and meals and thought that all of you have given to us.

4 comments:

Kim Millard said...

Good Job Caiden! Keep it up!

Merrill Family said...

Hi Kristi! Kim told me you had little Caiden a little early, so I wanted to check out the blog to see how he was doing. You sure make beautiful babies! It looks like he is doing well. I know that it's tough having a baby in the NICU, so hang in there. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. I'd be happy to answer any questions you have. Although it looks like you are in good hands!

Alexis said...

Hi Kristi...I just saw your blog. And it's adorable. I love the family pics you took !I am so sorry to hear about little Caiden's early arrival. I hope can you ditch that joint soon ;-) Keep your chin up and know a lot of people are praying for you!

Uriona Family said...

Congratulations!!

Hang in there. It looks like he is doing great. He will be home before you know it. Just make sure you recover while you can. :)